Chi-Mu Black Tea Factory at Xiangcha Lane in Yuchih was established by Japanese to produce black tea. Mr. Shih Chao Xin, who graduated from Taiwan Tea Industry Transmitting Institute, managed the factory from 1949. The price of Taiwan black tea was so high that it won another name “Tea Gold” at that time. Mr. Shih persisted on black tea cultivation, even when others made a fortune by growing betel-nut palms, he still believed that black tea would come into spotlight again.
The second generation- Ms. Shih Zhu Hua and her husband, Mr. Chen Yen Quan, inherited her father’s mater spirits and tea making technology, not only devoted themselves to making good tea, but also determined to promote Taiwan black tea culture. In 2005, the tourism tea factory- Hugosum Black Tea Garden was established. In addition to educate the customers the black tea industry knowledge, Hugosum promote local culture as well as Taiwan black tea culture, and ultimately show the world The Renaissance of Taiwan black tea.